While we love Tahoe, we find the drive too long for a weekend. Leaving Friday night after dinner (2 hours 15 min – 2 1/2 half hours drive from SF if you leave Friday after 7:30 PM – this is much faster and easier from the East Bay) allows us to arrive in time to get a good nights sleep and wake up in the country. We return Sunday after dinner in the foothills. This way we can enjoy the evening in the country and miss the drive home afternoon traffic. I suggest this for San Francisco visitors to minimize your drive time and makes a regular weekend feel like a long weekend.
We can arrange for early and late check in’s with late night Friday discount rates to help you make the most of your stay.
If you are spending some time in Tahoe, consider a stop in Gold Country along the way. Placerville, Located at the intersection of HWY 50 and HWY 49 (known as the gold trail), is the heart of gold country. Driving through this area of HWY 50 gives you no clue as to the hundreds of new adventures you will find within a mile of two of the HWY. Spend the weekend at Coloma Spring Suites and take the time to discover.
Take advantage of our experience and ask us (or our innkeeper, a Placerville native). We can help you plan your stay.
I have two maps of things to do in the area to get you started.
I hope you have a great stay and will be back often to discover this bountiful region.
COLOMA SPRING LODGING POLICIES
HOTEL CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in time is 3:00 pm. If you should arrive earlier, it is be possible to store your luggage until check-in time in the lobby.
Check-out time is 11:00 am. Luggage storage is available until your departure.
We are a smoke free property.
If your plans must be changed, please notify us immediately. We have a 72 hour cancellation Policy: should you cancel less than 72 hours prior to the day of your arrival, you will be charged the first night’s stay, plus room tax. All package reservations are non-refundable.
We do not allow pets.
RATES, TAXES, and HOTEL GRATUITIES
Placerville does not have a room occupancy tax. Gratuities for the maids are not included in the room rate
COLOMA SPRING SUITES EXTERIOR AMENITIES
- House phone at the Exterior Entry Porch
- Free Use of washer & dryer in Laundry Room
- Hammocks, Patio Chaise Lounges, Bistro Tables, Weber Gas Grill in our large secret Garden
- Lobby space separating our two Loft Suites
- Complimentary Off-street parking
- Walking distance to Placerville old town, shops, restaurants
- Surrounded by Coloma Spring Historic Residential District and Ridge Trees from our Hilltop location
- On the The Gold Trail or Highway 49 or within a short drive of charming towns El Dorado, Coloma and Plymouth
- One block off Highway 50 or Lincoln Highway within easy reach of Lake Tahoe, Sacramento & all points in between